Binding is a broad term covering quite a few different techniques to hold books or pads together. Townprint offers the following types of binding…
- Padding: Usually used on desktop calendars, note pads, worksheets etc.
- Fanapart Padding: NCR forms in duplicate, triplicate, quadruplicate sets.
- Saddle Binding: Or saddle stitching. Commonly used on A4 and A5 books up to 140 pages.
- Side Stitching: Used on docket books. A couple of large steel staples through one edge of the book.
- Quarter Binding: Used on docket books. Side stitched with hard covers, hinged and book tape on bound edge.
- Perfect Binding: A square spined bind where the pages are heat glued inside a scored and folded card cover.
- Burst Binding: Like a perfect bind, but the sheets are folded and perforated on the fold. Allows better adhesion.
- Plastic Coil Binding: Lays perfectly flat. Sheets are punched, plastic coil inserted and terminated both ends.